Monday, June 23, 2008

Thank You

Project M is nearly indescribable. People ask me all the time what it is, which is usually followed by a deep breath. "Ok..."
Never in my life have I met a group of young people who are so compassionate, motivated, and downright excellent as this year's M crew. These young people will learn a great deal about design, but moreover, they are learning how to work as a team; they are developing deep empathy; and they are building confidence to go out into the world and make change.
I was lucky enough to spend (a little less than) a week with all of them, during which time their openness of mind, and their desire to have a positive impact on the world taught me more than I can explain.
All of us felt it, the buzz of working together, and thinking together, and talking together to learn from one another.
So I left Alabama headed West to Los Angeles, but I stopped that night in Shreveport, Louisianna, at Paradise Tattoos. Maxx and George (below) were as cool as they come. They let me sit at their desk on my laptop to design my tattoos, print them out, and then they permanently inked them into my skin.






































Anyone who knows me, knows that I cannot bear to have unsymmetrical tattoos. So I decided to commemorate my (the first) year at Project M, along with this year which completely changed my life.












































I cannot wait to see the legendary work that you all do. I wish you luck and I think about you constantly, wishing that I could be there to help you carry things, develop ideas, and laugh till we hurt.

3 comments:

arvi said...

You're the man dude but my name starts with an "R"

(so kidding!)

- Arvi

Cassie Hester said...

I cannot believe my first initial is permanently on someone else... Whoa. We're working hard to make you proud and justify your kickass tatts! Miss you!

John said...

I love you Nic!!!